As most people know the Lake race is always a big event here at the Lake of the Ozarks and it is already here!! In fact they kicked off the festivities Saturday with a 5k run/walk and a silent auction. I do know that they are still looking for volunteers for traffic control and to help run the booths. Volunteers get a free Lake Race T-Shirt, free sandwich and drink during your shift, and you get to be up close to all the racing action. There will be a volunteer party Wednesday, June 3rd at 6pm at Beavers at the Dam. If you want to sign up to volunteer please follow the link here to find the contact information. Proceeds from this event go to LOWA (Lake of the Ozarks Watershed Alliance) and other local charities. Now let’s get to the schedule for the rest of this week’s activities!
Wednesday June 3rd
- Volunteer gathering at 6pm at Beavers at the Dam. All volunteers will receive their shirts and assignments at the party, and there will be refreshments.
Thursday June 4th
- Lake Race VIP reception for all Lake Race Sponsors, racers, and committee members. The reception will start at 6pm on the lower patio at Camden on the Lake.
Friday June 5th
- At 9am the lower Bagnell Dam Strip area will be blocked off, and set-up will start. Be sure if you need to get to other side of the dam you go around and take W off of Hwy 54. Vendors should be ready to go by noon completed by 5pm.
- The fun starts at 6pm when the Lake Race Street party begins so come out and enjoy good food, meet the racers, and see the massive boats up close.
- The Patrick Lentz Band will be there at 8:30pm.
Saturday June 6th
- All traffic is closed at 9am so people can watch the race up close.
- Opening ceremony starts at 11:30.
- The fun begins at noon when the race begins, and if you cannot make it out, there will be three hours of live TV coverage on Fox and KRBK TV and radio coverage on KRMS.
- The strip will be reopened to traffic at 4pm.
- There will be a Lake Race Party at Beavers on the stage.
Sunday June 7th
- Traffic blocked off at 10am.
- The race starts at noon and goes until 4pm.
- At 5:30 there will be an awards ceremony on stage at Beavers at the Dam.
Tuesday June 9th
- Lake Race Chopper Dropper cocktail party and ball drop will take place at the Osage National Golf Club.
The Lake Race is always full of fun for the entire family and who doesn’t like watching really fast boats!! Make sure you get out and enjoy all the festivities and support a great cause. Also, don’t forget if you want to volunteer be sure to sign up and go to the volunteer party at Beavers! Hope to see you all there!! Have a great week and thanks for making us Your Partners at the Lake.